Sunday, August 7, 2016

BEAUTY: Painting--Peter Alexander

Mixed media artist Peter Alexander did a series of paintings between 1988 and 1991 he calls LAX. The paintings show Los Angeles at sunset or night from an airplane, either taking off from or landing at LAX. I just love how he managed to capture the magical glow of lights through cloud cover and fog as well as the clear twinkling of city streets and neighborhoods far below. I have always marveled at air travel, for a number of reasons, but one of the things that never fails to strike me when I am in the air (I love to have the window seat) is how neat and manageable it all looks from the air, as though life down below is something amiable and pleasant...


Top to bottom: Bell; Beverly Hills; Buena Vista; Chuck; Cloverfield IV; Disney; Flower; Lawndale; Saugus; Van Nuys

http://www.peteralexander.com/

No comments: