Friday, July 16, 2010

DREAM 7.15.10: The Edge Of Town

In my childhood hometown, there has been a fire at a mansion at the edge of the village. I drive toward it and see fire trucks, lots of traffic and people on foot gawking, but no evidence of a fire. I continue to drive out of town but the road turns into a field. Am I supposed to be driving here? I panic, thinking I have made some kind of mistake, but then I see the road appear ahead. I make a U-turn to head back to town and a monkey runs out in front of my car. I pass people working in the fields and stop at an abandoned, crumbling cement building. I go inside and see make-shift offices and cubicles among the rubble. In another room, three people are washing a baby Red Panda in a bathtub. I leave on a bicycle, a BMX bike with big thick tires. I'm riding up a very steep muddy hill, standing to get more leverage as I pedal back to town.

No comments: