Monday, January 18, 2010

BEAUTY: Clothing

Ferragamo has never been one of my favorite houses (not that I disliked Ferragamo, it just wasn't on my radar), but after this past weekend's Milan Fashion Week, I have been won over, BIG TIME. The venerable house, founded by master shoe designer Salvatore Ferragamo in the 1920s, showed a plush and poetic F-W '10-'11 collection that made my jaw drop. This is definitely what I want to be wearing next winter and--oh, hell, who am I kidding? I mean EVERY winter: I'd never want to take these clothes OFF! Ferragamo showed a heady mix of 1) dashing winter wear that included luscious leather boots (what look almost like magnificent riding boots as well as some slouchy suede boots) with romantic and fantastically VOLUMINOUS knit scarves and 2) rich evening wear in the form of paisley velvet jackets with Bohemian-styled and extravagantly tasseled silk scarves, some peeking out from under said sumptuous jacket. And everything is designed in savory autumn colors like plum, cranberry, burnt pumpkin, blueberry and oatmeal. Spectacular.

http://www.ferragamo.com/

No comments: